LikeAutomotive ~ Along with the confirmation of Suzuki‘s MotoGP rider of 2015 will be filled Aleix Espargaro and Maverick Vinales, Suzuki also provides more detail on the GSX–RR. The motorcycles will be used both riders to compete.
Suzuki withdraws from MotoGP activities due to financial reasons the end of 2011 ago. Previously, since 2002, the current regulations require all teams move from 500cc 2-stroke into a 4-stroke engine, this team feels only one victory.
Last engine used is GSV–R configured V4. Regulations call all teams must have a 4-cylinder motorcycle engine. Suzuki engine when it is equal to Honda and Ducati have V configuration, while Yamaha 4 cylinder in line.
When starting the development of a new vehicle in 2012, Suzuki moved into a four-cylinder inline configuration with a motorcycle code XRH–1.
The new configuration with the four-cylinder is very powerful, flexible, efficient, and resilient. Chassis form layout which makes the motorcycle more streamlined to improve the maneuverability, aerodynamic, and balance.
Next season, as a new player, Suzuki still can enjoy benefits such as open classes until 2016, when the same ECU required. Its advantages include more gasoline 4-liter, replace the engine up to 12 times, allowed to develop the engine, and the softer tires wear more testing opportunities.
Here are the Full specifications Suzuki GSX-RR:
- The length X width X height: 720mm x 2.096mm x 1.140mm
- Wheelbase: 1.457mm
- Weight: 160 kg (based regulation)
- Engine type: liquid cooling, four-cylinder 4-stroke, DOHC, 4 valves
- Capacity: 1.000cc.
- Maximum power: more than 230 PS
- Chassis Type: Twin–spar aluminum.
- Tires (front / rear): 16.5 inches / 16.5 inches
- Front suspension: Ohlins, inverted fork.
- Rear suspension: Ohlins.
- Brakes (front / rear): Carbon discs / steel discs, Brembo.