Renault shows the first images of the Mégane RS 2018 camouflaged. It is expected to hit the market in the first quarter of 2018. It is based on the Renault Mégane 2016 (fourth-generation) with a five-door body.
At the moment, Renault has not revealed important data such as power. The last Mégane RS that was available had 265 hp (275 in the case of the Trohpy version). Some of the possible rivals for the Mégane RS 2018 will be the Ford Focus ST (250 hp), Opel Astra OPC (280 hp), Alfa Romeo Giulieta (241 hp), SEAT León Cupra (300 hp), Volkswagen Golf GTI (245 hp), Honda Civic Type R 2015 ( and Honda Civic Type R 2017 information ).
It can be chosen with manual or automatic double clutch (EDC). The previous Mégane RS were only available with a manual gearbox. Of all the models mentioned in the previous paragraph, only the SEAT and the Volkswagen can be chosen with manual or automatic transmission.
It will be manufactured in Palencia (like the previous model, the first Mégane RS was produced in Dieppe, France).
Chronology the Renault Mégane RS:
– In 2004 goes on sale the first Mégane RS (based on the Mégane of second generation).
– In 2005 comes the Trophy version.
– Renault launches the Mégane RS F1 Team R26 in 2007 , followed in 2008 by the R26-R .
– In 2010 there is a change of model: the Mégane 3 RS is based on the third generation Mégane, of which there was a “Trophy” version in 2011.
– In 2015 comes the Mégane RS Trophy-R (whose production was limited to 322 units ).
– In May 2017 Renault shows the first images of Mégane RS 2018.